There is a lot of usage of tomatoes in families daily meals. It can be eaten raw or cooked as a side dish. Grilled tomatoes are a side dish that many families love when they are tired of the traditional way of eating. Why?
Simply because it stimulates your own taste buds, the sweet and sour taste will help you balance out when eating a dish that is too greasy or meat.
So, how to grill tomatoes in pan? The question that many of you ask and seek the answer to most, Apronese.com will help you answer this question right here.
Please scroll down to read on, don’t go anywhere, there is a lot of interesting knowledge for you.
Tomatoes are edible berries, native to western South America, Mexico, and Central America. Tomatoes are a great source of umami flavor.
The nutritional value of tomatoes comes from their rich ingredients in vitamins, minerals and important nutrients including vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate. and thiamine.
In addition, they are also a rich source of potassium, manganese, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and copper, fiber and protein.
Tomatoes are used in different ways, such as raw, salad, cooked with soup, side dishes.
Did you know that tomatoes are healthier when they are cooked?
This is because lycopene, the phytochemical that gives them their red color, is easier to absorb during cooking, breaking down plant cell walls, making them accessible.
One study actually showed that only 4% of lycopene is released when we eat raw tomatoes. So if you can cook it, do it.
Are Grilled Tomatoes Good for You?
Although cooking can reduce the amount of certain nutrients, lycopene is a powerful antioxidant that plays an important role in human health and has even been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties some cancers.
Several papers from the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry have revealed that heat processing can enhance the nutritional value of tomatoes by increasing antioxidant activity, as well as the body’s absorption of lycopene.
And despite the fact that the vitamin C content was reduced in the process, the lycopene content actually increased by 54, 171 and 164%, respectively.
What’s even more interesting is that another study that focused on lycopene levels from cooking tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil concluded that extra virgin olive oil helped with better lycopene absorption.
How to Grill Tomatoes in Pan
Using the following method is really easy and takes just a few minutes to prepare a delicious, nutritious meal.
The tomatoes should be slightly scorched on the grill, as this helps to enhance their flavor.
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes, (not overripe, otherwise they will be crushed) cut in half lengthwise.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, or chopped basil leaves
- Ground black pepper and salt
Steps to Take
- Wash the tomatoes, clean the seeds in the tomatoes (if possible).
- Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the pan over high heat.
- Use a roasting basket or smooth griddle if you can, it will make it much easier to roast your tomatoes.
- Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Brush the cut side of the tomato with olive oil.
- Brush the grill or baking pan with olive oil.
- Place the chopped tomatoes on the baking surface.
- Cover and let bake for about 4 minutes. (Check after 2 minutes)
- Melasma and burn marks will appear on the surface of grape tomatoes. Cook continuously for a minute or so.
- Add salt, chopped parsley and some lemon juice.
- Stir well to combine well with the grilled tomatoes on the pan.
- Remove to a plate and enjoy.
How Long Should You Grill Tomatoes?
To have a delicious dish, in addition to good ingredients and spices, cooking time is also very important.
One study examined the effects of cooking tomatoes by heating them at 88 degrees Celsius for two minutes, ten minutes, and fifteen minutes.
The lycopene content actually increased by 54, 171 and 164%, respectively.
In short, how to grill tomatoes in pan only takes 2-15 minutes.
Grill Tomato Recipes
Here are 2 easy and delicious grilled tomato recipes on a pan you can try.
Cherry tomatoes with basil
- 2 lbs cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- ¼ small basil leaves or chopped basil
- 24 squash flowers (optional)
- For five minutes, heat a pan over high heat until fuming occurs.
- Add the olive oil, tomatoes, and squash flowers
- For 3 minutes, cook tomatoes until they are almost blooming and lightly burned.
- Stir in basil after the heat is turned off.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Remove from the pan, arrange on a plate and enjoy.
Pan Roasted Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1/2 lbs tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Medium-high heat is ideal for heating olive oil.
- Garlic should be added to the oil and cooked for about 30 seconds, but not burned.
- Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- The tomatoes should be softened and lose their firmness after 5 to 7 minutes of cooking, stirring frequently to ensure all sides are evenly cooked.
- Sprinkle with more basil and parsley and remove from the heat.
- Take out the tomato, put it on a plate and enjoy.
Dishes Served with Grilled Tomatoes
The dishes that grilled tomatoes can be served with are protein-specific dishes, to balance the nutrition in the meal as well as to help you not get bored when you eat too much meat.
The above are just some examples, the rest you can eat with a lot of different meat protein dishes.
- Honey garlic salmon
- Honey garlic chicken
- Garlic butter fish
- Creamy mushroom pasta
- Grilled cod
- Creamy Garlic Chicken
- Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
Types of Pans Used to Make Grill Tomatoes
Cuisinart 630-30 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-anodized 12-inch round Grill Pan
This is one of the best selling baking pans on Amazon. With a modern design and many advantages. Has a Quantanium non-stick surface and has a cool handle. Small handle, easy to hold and hug the edge of the user’s hand.
Lodge Pre-seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle with Handles
This is a rectangular baking pan, convenient to use safely and can be used outdoors like when going camping.
With this surface, it can be used for baking and frying.
The surface of the pan is coated with a layer of plasma ceramic particles that are fused onto the surface of the pan, creating a super-hard surface.
Ergonomically designed stainless steel handle for comfort and double riveted for increased strength and mobility.
You can do it on the pan without adding oil or butter. In addition, pan-frying, grilling, pan-frying, deep-frying, braising, grilling, roasting and grilling can be done with this multi-function cookware set.
With the sharing of Apronese.com about how to grill tomatoes in pan, hope you will have an interesting dish for yourself next tomato season.
And with 3 different recipes for baking tomatoes, and related information, hope it helps you. If you have a more delicious and easy-to-make recipe, please share it with us right away.
Some of these articles are useful to you, please let us know in the comments.