There should be an illegal law against noodles that are both easy and delicious. This spicy sriracha noodle dish is a quick and easy dish that Apronese would recommend to you.
They don’t take long to make and they’re delicious, rich, and super spicy. Like, spicy spicy burns your stomach. Eating spicy may not be very good, but it is extremely effective mood-reliever, not too often is okay, right?
This recipe did not need that much tweaking since it was already perfect the way it was, but I did add an egg so it would be closer to two servings. I did not change much about it because it was already pretty damn perfect the way it was, but I did add an extra egg just to keep things going.
The Sriracha was also added to the recipe (now 2 TBsp as opposed to the original 1 TBsp) because I actually wanted it to be spicier, and I wanted a little more sauce.
A Balanced Flavor Is Essential
A simple sauce such as this one uses pantry staples (soy sauce, brown sugar, and sriracha), balancing the sweet, salty, and spicy flavors perfectly.
It is not surprising that everything works so well in this recipe. The richness of the butter helps smooth everything out, while the cilantro adds an accent of freshness and the green onions add a savory back note to the dish. It all works really well and is surprisingly simple to make. That’s how I like my food to be.
How Should I Choose Noodles?
I made this dish with the same noodles that I used, but you could make it with instant ramen or even regular linguine in the event that you can’t find the same noodles that I used. The noodles are simply the vehicle for the delicious ingredients that come together to make this dish!
Can I Add Anything Else?
My Dragon Noodle Variations can be taken to the next level: Pork and Peanut Dragon Noodles, Lime Shrimp Dragon Noodles, or Pork and Peanut Dragon Noodles.
In addition, several readers have also mentioned that they have added extra vegetables (try adding frozen stir fry vegetables), but if you add a lot of extra vegetables, it’s likely that you will need to double up the sauce.
Spicy Sriracha Noodles
It only takes a few minutes to make these sweet, tangy, and spicy sriracha noodles, which are an inexpensive alternative to eating out when you are hungry.
Prep Time: 5 Mins/ Cook Time: 10 Mins/ Total Time: 15 Mins
- 4 oz. lo mein noodles ($1.30)
- 2 Tbsp butter ($0.20)
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper ($0.02)
- 2 large eggs ($0.42)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar ($0.08)
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce ($0.06)
- 2 Tbsp sriracha ($0.22)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro (optional) ($0.10)
- 1 green onion, sliced ($0.10)
- Make the sauce for the noodles by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha together in a small bowl and stirring them together. Set the sauce aside while you prepare the noodles.
- It is necessary to bring a pot of water to a boil in order to cook the noodles. Once the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook until they are tender. Drain the noodles in a colander.
- It is recommended that you crack two eggs into a bowl while you wait for the water to boil, then whisk them lightly.
- A skillet filled with butter needs to be heated on a medium heat, followed by adding the eggs and cracked pepper to it, and gently scrambling the eggs. Do not overcook the eggs.
- I’d suggest draining the noodles well once they have been drained, and adding them to the skillet along with the eggs. Drizzle the sauce over top, and toss to coat the noodles and eggs in it.
- Serve the noodles with fresh cilantro and chopped green onions on top, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Serving: 1Serving Calories: 397kcal Carbohydrates: 48g Protein: 13g Fat: 17gSodium: 1197mg Fiber: 1g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Spicy Sriracha Noodles – Step By Step Photos
Begin by mixing up the sauce for your noodles. Combine 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, and 2 Tbsp sriracha (or 1 Tbsp, it’s up to you).
Next, begin cooking your noodles. These lo mein noodles that I used cook very quickly, in about 3-4 minutes. You can use just about any type of noodle for this, as they’re really just the vehicle for the delicious sauce!
While waiting for the water to boil for the noodles, lightly whisk two eggs in a bowl.
While the noodles are boiling, heat 2 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium. Add 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper and the whisked eggs, then lightly scramble the eggs. Remove them from the heat when they are set. Try to avoid over-cooking the eggs.
When your noodles are drained, add them to the skillet with the eggs and pour the prepared sauce over top.
Toss the noodles and eggs in the sauce until everything is well coated.
Top the noodles with sliced green onion and cilantro (optional). Serve and enjoy!
If one day you are too bored with the usual dishes, you should remember the Sriracha noodles that Apronese introduced to you, because it is an easy dish to prepare, the ingredients are easy to find, and it helps to improve your spirit because its spiciness.
Don’t be afraid to share this article with your friends and others.