I knew I wouldn’t be able to top my Hearty Black Bean Quesadillas, but I think we have found a very strong contender to replace it!
We are very excited about this Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadilla, which is packed with chicken, cheddar cheese, spicy jalapeos, black beans, cilantro, and red onions, and drenched with Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. These quesadillas really are amazing.
The recipe is right below so you can make and treat your family, remember to share the results with Apronese.
Flexible Filling Ingredients
It’s also a pretty flexible recipe. If you don’t like black beans, just double the chicken. Don’t like chicken (or want a vegetarian version), double the black beans.
Does cilantro taste like soap to you or are jalapenos too hot for you? You can skip either and still make an amazing quesadilla. If you want something new, try adding pineapple crushed (and well drained).
How Should I Choose Chicken?
There are several precooked chickens that you can use for making these BBQ chicken quesadillas, including rotisserie chicken breasts (from one side) and chopped meat into small cubes. If you buy rotisserie chickens, you may want to use one breast. Grilled chicken also works great and lends a smokier flavor to these quesadillas.
You can also use my Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, which is perfect for cooking in a slow cooker. I used one boneless, skinless chicken breast to cook it on my countertop grill, but if you need to cook up the chicken quickly in a skillet if you so desire. The amount of cooked chicken you should aim for should be about 1.5 cups.
Would you like to experience some awesomeness ?
Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
It is the perfect time of year for these Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadillas who are packed with colorful ingredients and tangy BBQ sauce of the highest quality!
Servings: 5 2 quesadillas each
- 1.5 cups chopped cooked chicken ($1.50)
- 1 15oz. can black beans, drained ($0.95)
- 1/4 red onion ($0.19)
- 1 jalapeño ($0.12)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro ($0.23)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar ($1.99)
- 1 tsp chili powder ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce ($0.53)
- 10 7-inch flour tortillas ($1.58)
- Add the chopped chicken and black beans to a large bowl. Finely chop the red onion. Remove the seeds from the jalapeo, then finely chop. Pull the coriander leaves from their stems and roughly chop. Combine the chicken, beans, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, shredded cheddar, smoked paprika, salt, and BBQ sauce in a bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Once cooked, cut the quesadillas into half and serve them.It is best to put approximately 1/3 cup of the BBQ chicken mixture on each tortilla, and spread it evenly over one half of its surface. The tortillas should be folded closed. The filling and folded tortillas should be cooked in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until they are golden brown and crispy, the cheese is melted, and the outside is brown and crispy. Once cooked, cut the quesadillas into half and serve them.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 528.48 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 47.6 g ・ Protein: 33.52 g ・ Fat: 21.58 g ・ Sodium: 1922.42 mg ・ Fiber: 10.4 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make BBQ Chicken Quesadillas – Step by Step Photos
In order to start, chop the chicken into small pieces. You can use chicken that has been grilled, cooked in a rotisserie, or even to cook the chicken simply in a skillet, as long as it is cooked to the desired consistency.
Using a sharp knife, roughly chop 1/4 of a red onion. Remove the seeds from one jalapeo, as well as finely dice it. Pull the leaves of half of the fresh cilantro from the stems, and roughly chop them.
Shred 2 cups of cheddar cheese (if it has not already been done so).
You will want to mix together the chopped chicken, one 15-oz. can of black beans (drained), red onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.
Then add 2 tbsp of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, a tablespoon of chili powder, a tablespoon of smoked paprika, and 1/4 tsp of salt to the bowl.
Mix everything together well and coat everything with the barbecue sauce until it is well combined.
You need to use about 3 tablespoons of the BBQ chicken filling per 7-inch flour tortilla, spread it over one side, fold the tortillas together, and serve immediately.
As soon as the tortillas are cooked in a dry skillet over a medium heat, they should be browned and crispy on the outside, heated through, and topped with cheese.
The Ultimate BBQ Chicken Quesadilla is served when it is divided into half and sliced into half again.
There is no denying that this is a real flavor bomb!!
With this simple and quick recipe, Apronese hopes that you will really enjoy and make it more as well as share with your friends about this BBQ chicken recipe.