This cilantro lime rice recipe is very simple and makes a great, filling side dish to any meal. It’s so delicious! Try to make it by using the following steps in this article of Apronese.
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Cilantro lime rice is a flavorful alternative to plain white rice and works great as a side dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 30 mins / Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 6 (about 1 cup each)
- 2 cups long grain white rice (uncooked) ($0.60)
- 3 cups chicken broth ($0.40)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro ($0.50)
- 1 lime ($0.33)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth to a medium sauce pot (if using Better Than Bouillon or another soup base, fully dissolve the base in the water before adding the rice). Add the rice to the pot, place a lid on top, and bring the pot to a full boil over high heat. As soon as the pot reaches a full boil, turn the heat down to low and let the pot simmer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, turn the heat off and let the pot rest for 10 minutes, with the lid in place, undisturbed.
- While the rice is cooking, prepare the cilantro lime mix. Rinse the cilantro well. Pull the leaves from the stems and roughly chop the leaves with a knife. Use a fine hole cheese grater or zester to remove the thin green layer of zest from the lime. Add the chopped cilantro, lime zest, juice from the lime, and 1 tbsp olive oil to a bowl. Stir to combine.
- When the rice is finished cooking, fluff the rice. Add the cilantro lime mixture and fold to combine. Avoid vigorous stirring as this can make the rice gummy. Gently fold the flavor in.
Serving: 1 Cup ・ Calories: 252.55 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 51.33 g ・ Protein: 5.17 g ・ Fat: 2.72 g ・ Sodium: 436.77 mg ・ Fiber: 1.35 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Add three cups of chicken broth to a medium saucepot (I use Better Than Bouillon brand soup base). Add 2 cups of rice to the broth, place the lid on the pot, and bring it to a full boil over high heat.
Once it reaches a full boil, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit undisturbed for about 10 minutes.
Step 2: While the rice is cooking, rinse the cilantro well. Pull the leaves from the stems, then give them a rough chop. Use a small holed cheese grater or zester to remove the thin green layer of zest from the lime.
Add the chopped cilantro, lime zest, and juice from the lime to a small bowl, along with 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir to combine.
Step 3: When the rice is finished cooking, fluff it with a fork.
Add the cilantro lime mixture and fold it into the rice. Taste and adjust the salt if needed.
If this is the first time you cook rice, check out my guide for how to cook rice.
Try these other flavored rice recipes:
- Coconut Rice
- Yellow Jasmine Rice
- Spinach Rice with Feta
- Tomato Rice
- Mushroom Rice
- Seasoned Rice
And that’s all for the cilantro lime rice recipe. Follow Apronese for more flavored rice recipes!