There are so many ways to change up your salads. This roasted cauliflower salad recipe is one of my other favorite salads. It goes really well with the lemon tahini dressing. See how to make it in the following article of Apronese!
Other Greens Options
Parsley is a great green to use for salads because it’s cheap and subtle enough to not overpower the cauliflower and chickpeas.
Baby spinach would also work, as well as finely chopped kale, but these will be a bit more expensive.
How to Serve Roasted Cauliflower Salad?
This roasted cauliflower salad recipe is filling, so it can stand on its own as a vegetarian main dish.
But if you want to make something to go on the side, it’ll go well with Focaccia rolls, herb roasted chicken breast, homemade naan, Greek turkey burgers.
Roasted Cauliflower Salad Recipe
This salad combines sweet roasted red onions, spiced chickpeas, tender cauliflower, and lemon tahini dressing.
- 1 head cauliflower ($2.99)
- 1/2 red onion ($0.55)
- 2 tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- Salt and Pepper to taste ($0.05)
- 1/2 bunch parsley ($0.45)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini ($1.13)
- 1/3 cup water ($0.00)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.18)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced ($0.16)
- 1/2 tsp cumin ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne ($0.03)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas ($0.79)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ($0.16)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder ($0.03)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne ($0.02)
- Salt and pepper to taste ($0.05)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Chop the cauliflower into small florets and place them on a large baking sheet. Slice the red onion into 1/4-inch strips and place them on the baking sheet. Drizzle the cauliflower and onions with olive oil and season with a pinch or two of salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower and onions until coated in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast the cauliflower and onions in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then stir, return them to the oven, and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and browned on the edges. Let the cauliflower cool slightly.
- While the cauliflower and onions are roasting, make the lemon tahini dressing. Add the tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt to a blender. Blend until smooth, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas. Add them to a skillet along with the olive oil, smoked paprika, cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir and cook the chickpeas over medium heat for about five minutes, or until they sizzle and become slightly crispy. Remove the chickpeas from the heat.
- Pull the parsley leaves from their stems and roughly chop the leaves into small pieces (about 1.5 cups loosely packed, once chopped).
- To build the salad, combine the roasted cauliflower and onions in a bowl with the spiced chickpeas and chopped parsley. Drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over top and toss to combine. Serve warm or cold.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 374 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 30.08 g ・ Protein: 11.13 g ・ Fat: 24 g ・ Sodium: 620.8 mg ・ Fiber: 9.08 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower Salad – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven to 400ºF.
Chop one head of cauliflower into florets. Slice 1/2 of a red onion into 1/4-inch strips.
Place the cauliflower and onions on a large baking sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with 2 tbsp olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
Toss the vegetables until they are well coated in oil, salt, and pepper.
Step 2: Roast the cauliflower and onion for 20 minutes. Stir. Then return them to the oven and roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender, and the edges browned.
Step 3: While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the lemon tahini dressing. Place 1/3 cup tahini, 1/3 cup water, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/4 tsp cayenne, and 1/4 tsp salt in a blender.
Blend until the dressing is smooth. Refrigerate the dressing until you’re ready to serve the salad.
Step 4: To prepare the spiced chickpeas, drain and rinse one 15oz. can of chickpeas. Add the drained chickpeas to a skillet along with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp cayenne, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Stir and cook the chickpeas for about 5 minutes over medium heat or until they begin to sizzle and become slightly crispy on the outside.
Remove them from the heat.
Step 5: Pull the leaves from about 1/2 bunch of parsley and chop them into small pieces (about 1.5 cups loosely packed once chopped).
To build the salad, combine the roasted cauliflower and onions with the spiced chickpeas and chopped parsley. Then drizzle the lemon tahini dressing over the top.
Step 6: Stir to combine and enjoy! You can enjoy this salad slightly warm from the oven, or chilled after storing in the refrigerator.
The combination of roasted cauliflower, sweet red onions, spiced chickpeas, and tangy lemon tahini dressing will surely bring your salad to another level. Come back to Apronese for more salad recipes!