If you love anything about pumpkin pie flavored, you’re going to love this pumpkin pie baked oatmeal. It’s great for your breakfast oats. Join Apronese to get the pumpkin baked oatmeal recipe.
What is Baked Oatmeal?
Basically, baked oatmeal is like oats baked into a custard-like mixture. They’re soft, warm, and very moist.
Baked oats are more firm than traditionally cooked oats since they contain eggs and less liquid, but remain soft.
How to Serve Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal?
You can eat this cold every morning (you can also reheat if preferred).
Drizzle some maple syrup on top and then add some milk to serve your baked pumpkin pie oatmeal. You can also try topping it with nuts, whipped cream, or raisins.
How to Store Baked Oatmeal?
This is a bake once, eat all week type of meal. Divide it into single portions, then store them in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or freeze them for up to a few months.
If you plan to freeze some of your baked oatmeal, chill it completely in the refrigerator first, then transfer to the freezer.
Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Recipe
Baked pumpkin pie oatmeal is a great breakfast option. It tastes like dessert, but is healthy enough for breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 45 mins / Total Time: 55 mins
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin purée ($1.88)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar ($0.32)
- 2 large eggs ($0.75)
- 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice ($0.15)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.03)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder ($0.03)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ($0.14)
- 1 1/2 cups milk ($0.74)
- 2 1/2 cups dry old-fashioned oats ($0.65)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder until smooth. Whisk in the milk.
- Mix the dry oats into the pumpkin mixture. Coat an 8×8 (or similar sized) baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the pumpkin oat mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the center no longer looks wet and the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Serve hot right out of the oven or refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be eaten cold or reheated. Top with milk, maple syrup, whipped cream, or nuts.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 286.5 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 50.23 g ・ Protein: 9.37 g ・ Fat: 6.13 g ・ Sodium: 471.83 mg ・ Fiber: 5.53 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal – Step By Step Photos
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Then, in a large bowl, whisk together one 15oz. can pumpkin purée, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 2 large eggs, 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp baking powder.
Step 2: Whisk those ingredients together until smooth.
Step 3: Add 1.5 cups milk, and whisk until smooth again. This mixture is like a pumpkin pie custard.
Step 4: Add 2.5 cups of rolled oats. Old-fashioned rolled oats work the best since they have more texture than quick or instant oats.
Step 5: Stir the oats into the pumpkin custard.
Step 6: Coat a baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the pumpkin oat mixture and bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is no longer wet and the edges are slightly golden brown.
And then you have a delicious, gorgeous, vibrant orange, baked oatmeal packed full of nutrients. What do you think about this recipe? Do you have any other recipe for this? Leave a comment below to let us know.