While the grocery prices keep going up and with supply chain issues, eggs are inexpensive, versatile, and don’t go bad too quickly. You can easily make a dish with eggs.
If you’re short on time, you want something filling, cheap, and quick, then egg salad is a great choice. Read this article of Apronese to learn more about an easy egg salad recipe.
Keep it Simple
There are many different egg salad recipes on the internet. Some seem to be a little complicated for your busy life. Just make your egg salad as simple and delicious as possible to save your time. All you need are just a few simple ingredients that you can keep in your fridge.
What Can You Add to Egg Salad?
If you happen to have some of these ingredients, try adding some of them to your egg salad to take it up a notch:
- Hot sauce (sriracha, Tabasco, Gochujang, chili garlic sauce, etc.)
- Green onion
- Celery or carrots for texture
- Crumbled bacon
- Kimchi (finely chopped)
- Pickle juice, diced pickles or relish
- Avocado (in place of the mayo)
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Pickled red onions
- Jalapenos (fresh or pickled)
- Fresh herbs (dill, parsley, scallions)
- Diced tomato or cherry tomatoes
How to Serve Egg Salad
Though the salad may be enjoyed as a side dish, it is rather versatile.
Egg salad sandwich
Serve the egg salad as a sandwich between bread slices, in a croissant, as an open-faced sandwich, or even stuffed in a wrap or pita.
Stuff the salad into a halved avocados and serve.
Add to lettuce cups or Romaine and enjoy as lettuce wraps.
You can also serve egg salad with crackers for scooping.
How Long Does Egg Salad Last?
According to the USDA (U.S Department of Argiculture), if you store it properly, in a sealed container in the refrigerator, it is safe to eat the egg salad within five days.
Or you can make a small batch recipe so you don’t have to worry about leftovers.
Easy Egg Salad Recipe
Here are steps for an easy egg salad recipe you can make when you’re in hurry.
Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 2 about 2/3 cup each
- 4 large eggs ($0.93)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise ($0.22)
- 1 tbsp dill relish ($0.08)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard ($0.06)
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice ($0.01)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp pepper ($0.01)
- Add the eggs to a saucepot and cover with water. Place a lid on the pot and turn the heat on to high. Bring the water up to a full boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit in the hot water (lid on) for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes in the hot water, transfer the eggs to an ice bath or run under cold water until cool. Peel the eggs then chop them into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Add the chopped egg to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, Dijon, relish, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, mashing some of the egg yolk into the dressing as you stir.
- Taste the egg salad and adjust the ingredients to your liking. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Serving: 0.75 cups ・ Calories: 295 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 3 g ・ Protein: 13 g ・ Fat: 25 g ・ Sodium: 531 mg ・ Fiber: 1 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Egg Salad – Step by Step Photos
Step 1: Add four large eggs to a pot and cover with water. Place a lid on the pot and turn the heat on to high. Allow the water to come up to a full boil.
Once boiling, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit in the hot water with the lid on for 12 minutes.
Step 2: After 12 minutes, transfer the eggs to an ice bath or run under cold water until cooled.
Peel and chop the eggs into 1/2-inch pieces.
Step 3: Add the chopped eggs to a bowl along with 3 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp dill relish, 1/4 tsp lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper.
Step 4: Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined, mashing some of the yolks into the dressing as you stir.
Then taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Step 5: Serve the egg salad immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
You can always make an easy egg salad with this recipe while you’re short on time. There are different ways to serve your salad. So just enjoy as your wish! Follow Apronese for more delicious recipes.