This garlic marinated chicken recipe is just so good that I can’t wait to share with you in this article. This is my favorite all-purpose quick chicken recipe. Follow Apronese to see how to make it!
What Does This Garlic Marinated Chicken Taste Like?
This is actually lemon garlic marinated chicken, as this chicken is slightly tangy, super garlicky, and so delicious.
The natural sugars in the lemon juice caramelize beautifully in the skillet, giving it even more depth of flavor.
Plus, since lemon and garlic are versatile flavors, you can pair this garlic chicken with just about anything.
How to Serve Garlic Marinated Chicken?
Aside from serving it as a main dish with a couple of sides, this chicken is great to add to other recipes.
You can slice it up and use for a sandwich, to top a salad, or even to top a big plate of pasta.
Here are a few recipes that would pair well with this garlic marinated chicken:
- Garlic Parmesan Kale Pasta
- Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Lemon Pepper Zucchini
- Mediterranean White Bean Salad
- Roasted Broccoli Pasta with Lemon and Feta
- Roasted Vegetable Salad Meal Prep
- Tuscan White Bean Pasta
- Lemony Artichoke and Quinoa Salad
- Garlicky Kale and Ricotta Pizza
- Spinach and Orzo Salad
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Wraps
- Lemony White Bean Salad
How Long Does This Chicken Last?
This chicken is absolutely perfect for meal prep. Cook up a couple of chicken breasts, then use the cooked and sliced chicken to add to your meal prep for the next few days. The cooked chicken can be refrigerated for about 3-4 days.
Can I Grill Garlic Marinated Chicken?
Yes, absolutely! This chicken is great on the grill, whether you have a charcoal grill, gas grill, or even an indoor countertop grill.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead?
Yes, this recipe also works great with chicken thighs, and they even require a little less prep.
Simply marinate, then cook on each side until browned and the chicken is cooked through.
Garlic Marinated Chicken Recipe
This simple garlic marinated chicken is great to add to sandwiches, salads, pasta dishes, and more.
Prep Time: 45 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 1 hr
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($0.52)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.18)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced ($0.24)
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano ($0.15)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked pepper ($0.05)
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts ($5.37)
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper to a bowl or a large zip top bag. Stir the ingredients in the dish until combined.
- If using breasts, fillet each chicken breast into two thinner pieces. Place the chicken in the bag or in a shallow dish, then pour the marinade over top, making sure the chicken pieces are completely covered in marinade. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours (refrigerated), turning occasionally to maximize the chicken’s contact with the marinade.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet over medium. Transfer the chicken from the marinade to the hot skillet and cook on each side until well browned and cooked through (about 5-7 minutes each side, depending on the size of the pieces). Cook two pieces at a time to avoid overcrowding the skillet, which can cause juices to pool and prevents browning. Discard the excess marinade.
- Transfer the cooked chicken from the skillet to a cutting board and let rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving: 1 serving ・ Calories: 331.5 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 2.28 g ・ Protein: 38.35 g ・ Fat: 11.3 g ・ Sodium: 432.18 mg ・ Fiber: 0.4 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Garlic Marinated Chicken – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3 cloves minced garlic, 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper in a small bow.
Step 2: If using chicken breasts, use a sharp knife to fillet two chicken breasts into two thinner pieces.
If your knife skills are not strong enough to make this cut, you can cover the chicken breast with plastic and use a mallet or rolling pin to pound the chicken until it’s about 1/2 inch thick. Then cut each breast in half to make two pieces.
If using chicken thighs, there is no need to cut them into smaller pieces.
Step 3: Place the chicken in a shallow dish or a zip-top bag and pour the marinade over top. Turn the chicken to make sure it all gets coated in marinade.
Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes up to 8 hours (refrigerated), turning the chicken occasionally to make sure it is all in contact with the marinade.
Step 4: When you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat a skillet over medium.
Once the skillet is hot, add two pieces of chicken at a time, and cook until browned on each side and cooked through.
The chicken will already be coated in oil from the marinade, so no extra oil is needed to coat the skillet.
Discard the excess marinade.
Step 5: After cooking the chicken, transfer it to a cutting board and let it rest for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Save this garlic marinated chicken recipe to use over and over again. This chicken recipe can be used as an addition to all sorts of meals. Come back to us for more delicious recipes.
Be First to Comment