This is another great lunch box idea (or meal prep breakfast idea) for you.
Although this one is not completely no-cook as it contains a hard boiled egg, it still is a super easy no-reheat lunch box that can be taken to work, school, or wherever you go.
I have included a mini bagel in this Bagel Lunch Box along with my favorite Scallion Herb Cream Cheese, a few vegetables that go perfectly with that cream cheese, and a simple hard boiled egg that goes perfectly with everything.
In addition to being super simple to put together, this makes life so much easier when you are rushing off to work every morning. You simply need to grab a lunch box and go.
Please read the following article of Apronese and experience it right away, it will definitely never disappoint you.
About that Cream Cheese
My scallion herb cream cheese was included in this bagel lunch box because it is so flavorful and it gives the meal a very interesting element of flavor.
Alternatively, you can either use plain cream cheese or buy some store-bought flavored cream cheese if you don’t want to make this cream cheese.
One good option for making this cream cheese is to use plain cream cheese, but then add the everything bagel seasoning to it to add some flavor.
Ideas for Adding to Lunch Boxes
In case you would like to substitute anything or add something to this lunch box, here is a list of items that would also work well if you substitute anything or add anything to it.
- Smoked salmon
- Carrot sticks
- An orange, tangerine, or cutie
- Deli ham
- Alfalfa sprouts
Did You Buy Those Containers Somewhere?
Both the divided glass meal prep containers and the small metal cups were purchased from Amazon (links to the two products can be found at the bottom of the recipe card below).
The Bagel Lunch Box
Whether you are headed to work or school, this bagel lunch box is a great idea for getting breakfast or lunch on the go, that is easy to make and affordable to buy.
Prep Time: 15 mins/ Cook Time: 15 mins/ Total Time: 30 mins
Scallion Herb Cream Cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese ($0.60)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley ($0.06)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro ($0.04)
- 1 green onion, sliced ($0.11)
- 1/16 tsp garlic powder ($0.01)
- 1/16 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice ($0.02)
Lunch Box Ingredients
- 4 mini bagels ($1.52)
- 4 large eggs ($0.92)
- 1 cucumber, sliced ($1.29)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes ($0.75)
- You need to place the eggs in a sauce pan, add water until they are covered by one inch of water, and then hard boil them. In the pot, put the water over high heat and allow it to boil to a full volume. When it reaches a full boil, turn off the heat, put the lid on, and let the eggs sit in the water for 15 minutes before transferring them to ice water to cool. After letting the eggs sit in the hot water for 15 minutes, turn off the heat and place it back in a bowl with water that is cold.
- You can make the scallion herb cream cheese by combining the cream cheese with parsley, cilantro, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir gently until the parsley, cilantro, green onions, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice are evenly combined.
- It is suggested to place one bagel in each lunch box along with 1/2 cucumber slices, 1/2 grape tomatoes, 1/2 slices of cream cheese (1 oz each) and one hard-boiled egg, as well as sliced cucumbers and tomatoes. This can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
Serving: 1 lunch box ・ Calories: 307.18 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 30.6 g ・ Protein: 12.98 g ・ Fat: 15.1 g ・ Sodium: 420.95 mg ・ Fiber: 2.28 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer .
Our equipment section contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn commissions on qualifying purchases.
The Bagel Lunch Box: How to Make It – Step by Step Photos
The eggs should be added to a sauce pot along with enough water to cover them by one inch if you want to hard boil them.
The eggs must be placed in the pot over a high heat and allowed to boil for at least 15 minutes once the water has reached a full boil.
After that, you should turn off the heat, cover the pot, and allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 15 minutes. Once the eggs are cool, put them in an ice bath to cool for an additional 15 minutes.
The scallion herb cream cheese is made by combining 4 oz. of cream cheese with 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, one slice green onion, 1/16 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/16 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a bowl. You can stir everything together until it is evenly mixed.
I recommend that you prepare a lunch box for each child by putting one bagel, one hard boiled egg, 1/4 slices of cucumbers, 1/4 slices of tomatoes, and 1/4 slices of cream cheese (1 ounce) in each lunch box. Refrigerate up to five days in advance.
Well, finished a delicious lunch box, you should try it now. Comment on interesting things you learned from the recipe for Apronese and let everyone know.
Be First to Comment