A new salad recipe that Apronese would like to share with you is this mandarin chicken salad recipe. The flavors and textures came together beautifully in this dish. Read on to see how to make it!
Here are a few alternate ingredients that I think would work well. You can use finely shredded cabbage, or even bagged coleslaw mix instead of tender baby greens.
If you’re not a fan of canned mandarin oranges, try a diced mango instead. You can also try some chow mein or broken up ramen noodles for crunch instead of sliced almonds.
Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe
This salad boasts sweet mandarin oranges, creamy avocado, crunchy almonds, and homemade sesame dressing.
- 2 tbsp light or neutral oil ($0.08)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar ($0.12)
- 4 tsp soy sauce ($0.13)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil ($0.11)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar ($0.02)
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger ($0.04)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds ($0.04)
- 6 cups salad greens ($1.25)
- 11oz can mandarin oranges ($0.77)
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast ($1.50)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds ($0.50)
- 1/4 small red onion ($0.14)
- 1/2 avocado ($0.50)
- Prepare the dressing first, so the flavors have a few minutes to blend. In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, and sesame seeds. Set the dressing aside.
- Slice the red onion very thinly and soak the slices for a few minutes in ice water to take the edge off. Drain the can of mandarin oranges. Slice the avocado and chop the chicken breast.
- To assemble the salads, place about 3 cups of salad greens in each bowl or plate. Top with mandarin orange segments, chopped chicken, sliced avocado, and a few slices of the soaked red onion. Give the dressing one last whisk and then drizzle it over the salads. The dressing is potent, so start with a small amount and add more as needed.
Serving: 1 serving ・ Calories: 581.55 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 30.9 g ・ Protein: 31.35 g ・ Fat: 40.35 g ・ Sodium: 918.65 mg ・ Fiber: 10.95 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Mandarin Chicken Salad – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Make the dressing first, so the flavors have a few minutes to blend. Whisk together 2 tbsp light or neutral oil, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 4 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp toasted sesame oil, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp fresh grated ginger, and 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds.
Step 2: Slicing red onions thinly to balance their strong flavor with the rest of the foods you’re eating. Soaking them for about 5 minutes in ice water also takes the edge or the bite off the onion.
You can use any salad green for this. I chose this mix of baby greens. This bag is about 3-4 times the size of a regular bagged salad.
Step 3: To build the salad, place about 3 cups of salad greens to each large bowl or plate, along chopped rotisserie chicken breast, sliced avocado, mandarin orange segments, some of the sliced red onion, and about 2 tbsp sliced almonds per salad.
Step 4: Give the dressing one last whisk, then drizzle it over the salad. Go slowly and add more if needed after stirring the salad.
You can try these other spinach salad recipes:
- Tomato Mozzarella Pasta Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Salad Meal Prep
- Spinach and Orzo Salad
- Wilted Spinach Salad
This mandarin chicken salad recipe is very flexible, so you can adjust some ingredients to make it suit your taste. Come back to us for more amazing recipes!
Be First to Comment