Indeed, dinner with BBQ-style bread is an easy and nutritious thing for your family.
It is true that Apronese used to think it was complicated and quite time consuming, but the truth is that it is not, it is much simpler and faster.
Both protein and vegetables are served, delicious without being bored. Do you want to try this dish?
What Is the Serving Size of This Recipe?
The recipe above makes for two people, and if you know me and my eating style, then you know that I tend to like things that are mostly vegetable-based and mostly meat-free. In order to avoid overcrowding the sheet pan, use two sheet pans if you want to double this dinner and feed four.
This meal is very easy to switch up if you want different portions. If you want, you can double the meat mixture and keep the vegetables the same (using one pan) to make four portions, one with a heavier meat portion and one that is lighter on vegetables. It is totally up to you to choose what to include.
The Roasting Time May Vary
Please take my recommendations with a grain of salt, as roasting times vary based on many factors, including the food’s size, shape, the temperament of your oven, and even the material and color of the baking sheet. So, please take my roasting times with a pinch of salt.
When your vegetables have reached a tender stage before your meatloaves, remove them from the oven early, and then return them to the oven until they have reached the right stage. In the event that the vegetables require more cooking time and your meatloaves are ready, plate up the meatloaf and put the vegetables in the oven while you use your senses to see if they are done.
And make sure the meatloaves are cooked to a safe temperature of 160oF by using a thermometer.
Sheet Pan BBQ Meatloaf Dinner
There’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to make an entire dinner for two with this quick and easy Sheet Pan BBQ Meatloaf Dinner. Perfect for meal prepping!
- 1 sweet potato (about 1 lb.) ($1.51)
- 12 oz. frozen broccoli florets ($1.19)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.26)
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt* ($0.05)
- salt and pepper to taste ($0.05)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef ($2.50)
- 1 large egg ($0.26)
- 2 Tbsp bread crumbs ($0.12)
- 3 Tbsp BBQ sauce, divided ($0.26)
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika ($0.03)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- A large baking sheet should be placed in the oven and the oven should be preheated to 400°F. Peel the sweet potato and cut it into 1/2 to 3/4″ cubes. Place the sweet potato cubes and frozen broccoli florets (you do not need to thaw them) on the baking sheet.
- To prepare the sweet potatoes, add the seasoning salt and the seasoning salt seasoning salt, then top the broccoli florets with a pinch of salt and pepper. After that, drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and broccoli florets and sprinkle some salt and pepper over them. In the baking sheet, place the sweet potatoes on one side, and the broccoli on the other side, and toss the vegetables until they are coated in oil and spices.
- The baking sheet should then be placed in the preheated oven, and the vegetables should be roasted for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1 Tbsp BBQ sauce, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt. While the vegetables roast, prepare the meatloaves. Combine the ingredients with a fork or hands until they are well mixed. Divide the meatloaf mixture in half and shape each half into an oval shape.
- Place the shaped meatloaves in the center of the baking sheet after the vegetables have roasted for 15 minutes, and then spread 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce over each one. Remove the baking sheet and stir each vegetable. Move them off to the side a bit so that this area can accommodate the meatloaves.
- If you like, you can return the baking sheet to the oven for an additional 20 minutes and roast the meatloaves until they reach 160 degrees Fahrenheit on the inside. Take out the baking sheet from the oven, plate up the meatloaves and vegetables, and serve them immediately.
The seasoning blend I used for this dish was Avec Tous by Tony Chachere’s, but if you prefer, you could use any other seasoning blend you wish
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 552.6 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 26.7 g ・ Protein: 30.8 g ・ Fat: 36.35 g ・ Sodium: 2177.4 mg ・ Fiber: 7.3 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
Our equipment section contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn commissions on qualifying purchases.
Sheet Pan BBQ Meatloaf Dinner – Step by Step Photos
The first thing you need to do is pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel a sweet potato (about one pound) into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Place the cubes on the baking sheet along with 12 ounces of frozen broccoli florets (no need to thaw them first).
Adding a tablespoon of olive oil to each will allow you to season the sweet potatoes with the seasoning salt of your choice and the broccoli with a pinch of salt and pepper. Once the vegetables are coated in oil and spices, keep them on their own side as you are tossing them. It will take 15 minutes for the baking sheet to roast in the oven once it is put in the oven.
In the meantime, prepare the meatloaf by mixing together 1/2 lb. ground beef with 1 large egg, 2 Tbsp of bread crumbs, 1 Tbsp of barbecue sauce, 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika, 1/8 tsp of garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt.
Mix all the ingredients for the meatloaf together until they are evenly combined. Divide the mixture in half and then flatten each half into an oval shape. Make sure you make the ovals the same thickness across the whole thing to ensure they cook evenly.
The vegetables should be roasted for a total of 15 minutes, then the baking sheet should be taken out of the oven, stirred, and pushed to one side a bit to make room for the meatloaves to be laid down.
Place the meatloaves in the center of the baking sheet and cover them with about 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce.
After 20 minutes, place the meatloaves in the hot oven until they reach a temperature of 160oF inside. In the introduction to this blog post, I mentioned that roasting time can vary according to a wide variety of factors, so be sure to keep an eye on the contents and use your senses to determine if they need more time or should be taken out earlier.
I have uploaded a photo of what the dish should look like when cooked. The sweet potatoes should be soft, with some browning on the edges, while the broccoli should also have some browning around the edges.
Plating up the Sheet Pan BBQ Meatloaf Dinner which is ready for the family to eat.
Take a bite out of it and enjoy!
Apronese is very happy to know that the dish I recommend is known to many people and makes it herself.
Dinner with bread, vegetables and grilled meat with bbq sauce is really a wonderful thing for your whole family. Please share more ways to prepare this dish according to your region.
Be First to Comment