One of the best way to use up your apples when they’re looking like they might not have that much longer to live is to make this slow cooker hot buttered apples. Let’s see how to make it in the following article of Apronese!
How to Serve Hot Buttered Apples?
You can see it as a crustless pie and serve it with a little granola sprinkled on top, spoon it over your pancakes, waffles, or oats, use it as a filling for a dessert, or even serve it alongside something like pork chops.
How to Store Hot Buttered Apples?
While the hot butter apples can stay good in the fridge for 4-5 days, I’m not sure that they will freeze well due to the cornstarch.
To adjust the recipe down, change the number of servings and it will auto-adjust the ingredient amounts for you.
Adjust the Sweetness
Consider the type of apples you use and the amount of sugar in the recipe.
If you use a very tart apple like Granny Smith, you may want to increase the sugar in the mix, but that will depend on your personal preference.
I used very ripe Fuji apples, which were fairly sweet with just a hint of tartness.
How to Make Hot Buttered Apples
This hot buttered apples dish is an easy and versatile dessert.
Servings: 6 (1 cup each)
- 12 small apples (about 2″ diameter) ($3.99)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice ($0.05)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar ($0.04)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon ($0.15)
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves ($0.05)
- 1 tsp vanilla ($0.28)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 3 tbsp cornstarch ($0.18)
- 4 tbsp butter ($0.52)
- 1/2 cup water ($0.00)
- Peel and slice the apples, then place them in a slow cooker (4 quart or larger). Add the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, salt, and cornstarch to the slow cooker, then stir to coat the apples in the spices.
- Divide the butter into pieces, then place the butter on top of the seasoned apples. Pour 1/2 cup water into the cooker down the side so that reaches the bottom without rinsing the spices from the apples.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker, set it to high heat, and cook for two hours. After two hours, stir the apples well, replace the lid, and cook for an additional one hour, then serve hot.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 271.6 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 53.77 g ・ Protein: 0.85 g ・ Fat: 7.87 g ・ Sodium: 162.33 mg ・ Fiber: 7.63 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Slow Cooker Hot Buttered Apples – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Peel and slice about 12 small apples (about 2-inch diameter) and place them in a slow cooker. For this amount of apples, you’ll probably want to use at least a 4 quart slow cooker.
Step 2: Add 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground cloves, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp salt, and 3 tbsp cornstarch to the slow cooker, then stir to coat the apples in the spices.
Cut the butter into a few large chunks and place them on top of the apples.
Carefully pour 1/2 cup water down the side wall of the cooker so the water reaches the bottom without washing the spices off the apples.
Step 3: Place the lid on the slow cooker, set it to “high” and cook for two hours.
After two hours, stir the apples, replace the lid, and cook for one more hour.
This slow cooker hot buttered apples are easy to make. It’s just take some times to finish. Do you have any other ways to use up your apples? Leave a comment below to share with us!
Be First to Comment