This ranch broccoli pasta just takes minutes to make and is full of deliciously creamy, tangy, herby ranch flavor. Follow Apronese to see how to make broccoli pasta.
What Ranch Seasoning to Use?
I used a half batch of my homemade ranch seasoning, but you can use a store-bought packet of ranch seasoning mix if you like.
This recipe includes for 1.5 tbsp of ranch seasoning, which is about 1/2 of a store-bought packet. But you could always add more seasoning if you prefer.
What Pasta to Use?
You can do this quick-fix meal with whatever shape pasta you have on hand. That’s why this is a great way to use up your pasta that you may have hanging out in your pantry.
What Else Can I Add to This Pasta?
You can make this recipe with a number of variations. Here are some other ingredients you can add to change this easy meal up:
- Diced grilled chicken
- Grated Parmesan
- Grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
How to Make Broccoli Pasta
This broccoli pasta just takes minutes to make and is full of deliciously creamy, tangy, herby ranch flavor.
Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 25 mins
- 8 oz. pasta (any shape) ($0.50)
- 1/2 lb. frozen broccoli florets ($0.72)
- 2 tbsp butter ($0.20)
- 1.5 tbsp ranch seasoning ($0.27)
- 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste) ($0.01)
- 1/8 tsp freshly cracked pepper ($0.01)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is tender (about 7-10 minutes).
- When the pasta is just tender, add the frozen broccoli florets to the boiling water with the pasta, and let it sit for about one minute. Reserve a ¼ cup of the starchy pasta water, then drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander.
- Return the drained pasta and broccoli to the pot with the burner turned off. Add the butter and ranch seasoning and stir until the butter is melted and everything is coated in the seasoning. If the pasta becomes dry while stirring, add a splash of the reserved pasta water.
- Finally, season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Serving: 1.5 cups ・ Calories: 296 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 49 g ・ Protein: 9 g ・ Fat: 7 g ・ Sodium: 567 mg ・ Fiber: 3 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Broccoli Pasta – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Once boiling, add the pasta and continue to boil until the pasta is tender (7-10 minutes).
Add the frozen broccoli florets during the last minute of boiling. Reserve a 1/4 cup of the starchy pasta water, then drain the pasta and broccoli in a colander.
Step 2: Add the drained pasta and broccoli back to the pot (heat turned off) and add 2 tbsp butter and about 1.5 tbsp ranch seasoning mix.
Stir until the butter is melted and everything is coated in butter and seasoning. If the pasta become dry while stirring, add a splash of the reserved pasta water.
Step 3: Taste the pasta and add salt and pepper to your liking. Serve warm.
Try these other quick pasta recipes:
And that’s all for the ranch broccoli pasta recipe. Follow the steps above to make a quick dinner whenever you are tired or in a hurry. Follow Apronese for more pasta recipes.
Be First to Comment