It’s always best to make your coleslaw by your own. It’s so fresh, crunchy, and creamy, and not at all gloppy or heavy like the store-bought stuff. And the best thing is that you can make it different flavors to suit your meal. Get this cumin lime coleslaw recipe right here in this article of Apronese.
How to Serve Cumin Lime Coleslaw
This recipe makes a great side dish for things like Cilantro Lime Chicken, Black Bean Quesadillas, or Turkey Taco Skillet.
You can also pile it onto a sandwich, use it to top tacos, or even use it as a base for a bowl meal.
I’ve served it as a side to some tacos made with Slow Cooker Pulled Pork and Pickled Red Onions, and it was great.
How Long Does It Stay Fresh?
This cumin lime coleslaw dish stays good in the fridge for about 2-3 days. It does soften a bit as it refrigerates, but it’s still quite tasty.
You should give it a good stir before serving each time to redistribute the dressing.
Cumin Lime Coleslaw Recipe
Fresh lime juice and earthy cumin give this cumin lime coleslaw a light, fresh, and summery flavor.
Prep Time: 30 mins / Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.80)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime) ($0.50)
- 1 tsp ground cumin ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper ($0.01)
- 1 tsp sugar ($0.02)
- 1/2 head green cabbage (about 6 cups shredded) ($0.68)
- 2 carrots ($0.16)
- 4 green onions ($0.22)
- Prepare the coleslaw dressing by stirring together the mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, salt, sugar, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Refrigerate the dressing until ready to use.
- Remove the core from the cabbage and then finely shred. Peel the carrots, then use a large holed cheese grater to shred the carrots. Thinly slice the green onions.
- Combine the shredded cabbage, carrots, and green onions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top, then stir until everything is well coated in dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. After refrigerating, make sure to stir the slaw well before serving.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 170.48 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 10.65 g ・ Protein: 2 g ・ Fat: 13.97 g ・ Sodium: 349.73 mg ・ Fiber: 3.72 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Cumin Lime Coleslaw – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Begin by making the dressing so the flavors have a little time to blend. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tbsp fresh lime juice, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Step 2: Finely shred 1/2 of a head of cabbage (about 6 cups), shred one carrot using a cheese grater, and slice four green onions. Add the cabbage, carrot, and onions to a large bowl.
Step 3: Pour the dressing over the vegetables and then stir until everything is well coated. Serve the cumin lime coleslaw immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
As will all slaws, the salt in the dressing will cause the cabbage to slowly soften and let off a little water, so be sure to stir the slaw before serving to redistribute the dressing.
But if you need to prepare it ahead of time, go ahead and make the dressing and prep the vegetables, but combine the two just before serving for the crunchiest coleslaw possible.
It’s really easy to make your fresh cumin lime coleslaw at home. You can serve it immediately or make it ahead. Follow Apronese for more tasty recipes.
Be First to Comment