Cucumber and tomato salads really aren’t anything new, but sometimes we can make the small variations on classics. The aroma from this salad is the most deliciously fresh aroma of cucumbers, parsley, and crunchy green peppers.
Check out the cucumber and tomato salad recipe with this article of Apronese!
Make Your Unique Cucumber and Tomato Salad
This great base salad can take a number of different add-ins. You can add some kalamata olives or roasted red peppers, some protein like tuna or beans, some cooked orzo or bowtie pasta to bulk it out a bit.
Keep this recipe on hand to use up leftovers and fill out your dinner menu with tons of super fresh vegetables.
How to Serve Your Cucumber and Tomato Salad?
This fresh salad makes a great side dish for the Mediterranean turkey burgers, lemon garlic roasted chicken, or yogurt marinated chicken.
Cucumber and Tomato Salad Recipe
This super fresh salad is a cold, crunchy, juicy mix of flavorful vegetables topped with a simple red wine and oregano vinaigrette.
Prep Time: 20 mins / Total Time: 20 mins
Servings: 6 (1-1.25 cups per serving)
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($0.52)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar ($0.20)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice ($0.06)
- 1 tsp dried oregano ($0.10)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked pepper ($0.03)
- 2 cucumbers ($1.58)
- 4 Roma tomatoes (about 1 lb.) ($2.08)
- 1/2 small red onion ($0.38)
- 1 green bell pepper ($0.98)
- 1/4 bunch parsley ( $0.23)
- 2 oz feta ($1.12)
- Prepare the vinaigrette first to let the flavors blend as you prepare the rest of the salad. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Peel the cucumbers if desired. Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Thinly slice the red onion. Pull the parsley leaves from their stems, then give them a rough chop. Crumble the feta cheese.
- Place the cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, parsley, and feta in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over top, and toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. This salad holds up well over a few days in the refrigerator. Be sure to stir briefly to redistribute the flavors before serving.
To take the harsh bite out of the red onion, be sure to slice them very thinly and soak them in a bowl of ice water for 5-10 minutes before draining and adding them to the salad.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 128.33 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 5.42 g ・ Protein: 2.45 g ・ Fat: 11.28 g ・ Sodium: 349.82 mg ・ Fiber: 1.62 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Cucumber and Tomato Salad – Step-by-step Photos
Step 1: Make the red wine vinaigrette first to let the flavors blend a bit while you prepare the rest of the salad. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
Set the dressing aside.
Step 2: These are all the vegetables (and feta) that I used in the salad. Two cucumbers, one green bell pepper, 4 Roma tomatoes, 1/2 small red onion, about 1/4 bunch parsley, and 2 oz. feta.
Peel the cucumber if you like. Dice the cucumber, bell pepper, and Roma tomatoes. Slice the red onion thinly.
Pull the parsley leaves from the stems, then roughly chop them. Crumble the feta.
To take the bite off the red onions, make sure to slice them very thinly and you can soak them in ice water for 5-10 minutes before adding them to the salad.
Step 3: This is how I chop my cucumbers. A chunky dice is nice for this salad because it helps them hold up a little better in the refrigerator.
Peeling stripes into the skin first gives them a cool visual effect once chopped. Then cut the cucumbers into about 1/2-inch wide rounds, and cut each round into quarters.
Step 4: Place your cucumbers (those are on the bottom), bell pepper, tomato, red onion, parsley, and feta in a large bowl.
Step 5: Stir the dressing one more time, then pour it over the salad.
Step 6: And then simply toss to combine. You can serve it immediately or refrigerate for later.
Here are some other cucumber salads that you can try:
- Sesame Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Mango Salad
- Cucumber and Black Bean Salad
Try to make different variations of the classic cucumber and tomato salads. If you have any other ideas, don’t hesitate to share with us by leaving a comment below.
Be First to Comment