In every day life, you have the urge to eat burgers from time to time. This is not just about the piece of cake, but also about the vermicelli, tomato, and the whole dish.
Apronese wanted to try something a little different this time, so we introduced you to a delicious and flavorful Green Chilean Turkey Burger flavored with green peppers, cumin, and pepper cheese.
I have mixed together these Chilean Green Turkey burgers in just a few minutes (depending on how you cook them), then they are ready in just a few more minutes (depending on how you cook them). Quite possibly the easiest and most flavorful weeknight dinner you can find.
Green Chile Turkey Burgers
I believe that these Green Chile Turkey Burgers, which are easy to make and have amazing southwest flavors, are the perfect weeknight dinner for busy couples. They are healthy, ready in about 30 minutes, and taste incredible.
- 19 oz. pkg ground turkey ($4.49)
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained ($0.69)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin ($0.05)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 2-3 green onions, sliced ($0.13)
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded ($0.61)
- 5 hamburger buns ($2.91)
- 1 large tomato (optional) ($0.95)
- 1 large avocado (optional) ($1.50)
- It is best to use homemade ground turkey patties. Combine the turkey, green chiles, sliced green onions, shredded pepper jack cheese, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl and mix well. Divide and shape the mixture into five patties. The mixture will be quite wet but don’t worry.
- Regardless of whether it is on a skillet, a grill, or an indoor grill like a George Foreman, you should cook your burgers until they are cooked through (internal temperature of 165oF) and well browned on the outside. Cooking times will vary based on the method, size, and thickness of the patties.
- Served on a bun with a slice of tomato, a few slices of avocado, mayonnaise, and a smear of tomato sauce, each patty should be topped with an avocado slice.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 495.7 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 34.8 g ・ Protein: 27.96 g ・ Fat: 28.2 g ・ Sodium: 598.66 mg ・ Fiber: 6.1 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
Step by Step Photos
I found these burgers to be extremely easy to make, because there is only a few ingredients needed to make the turkey flavorful. It only takes a few ingredients to make these burgers taste amazing.
One 19 oz. package of ground turkey, 2 oz. shredded pepper jack (about 1/2 cup), 1-2 green onions sliced, a 4 oz. can of diced green chiles (drained), 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 teaspoon cumin are all that you need to make this delicious.
For the cheese, I simply cut an 8 oz. block into quarters and shredded one of them. All of the ingredients should be placed in a bowl and stirred together.
Then mix all the ingredients together until everyone is well integrated and combined. This mixture is very wet because of the green chiles, but I was still able to form them into patties and they held together well during cooking.
The mixture should be divided into five equal portions (which equals about 1/4 lb. per burger) and then formed into patties as the picture shows.
The burgers can be cooked in any of the following ways: in a skillet, on a grill, or even on an indoor grill such as the George Foreman, until they are cooked through (internal temperature of 165oF) and browned on the outside.
If you need to make sure, use a thermometer with instant read capability. They’re not very expensive, and they’re extremely useful in the kitchen.
If you want to make your Green Chili Turkey Burgers even more delicious, you can top them with any of your favorite toppings. I added a slice of fresh tomato, some avocado, and a light dollop of mayonnaise. Wow!
If you find this article of Apronese interesting and useful, remember to share it with more readers.