If you’re craving a white pizza, then get on this super simple ricotta pizza recipe. Garlicky gale and ricotta pizza are a great combination. Get the recipe right in this article of Apronese!
Ricotta is Indispensable
Ricotta is what really makes this pizza special. It’s creamy and light at the same time. This allows the pizza to have a delicious creaminess without feeling overly heavy.
The flavor is mild, almost sweet, and closer in flavor to fresh milk than most cheeses.
Plus, since the ricotta is so deliciously moist, you won’t even need a sauce. Just brush a bit of olive oil and garlic on the crust and it’s ready to go.
What Pizza Dough to Use
You can make this garlicky kale and ricotta pizza on any type of dough you like. You can see my classic pizza dough recipe here.
Aside from those, you can certainly buy a store-bought pizza dough if you’re short on time.
Garlicky Kale and Ricotta Pizza Recipe
Garlicky greens and creamy ricotta pair perfectly on this light and fresh garlicky kale and ricotta pizza recipe. It’s the perfect pizza for summer.
Prep Time: 15 mins / Cook Time: 15 mins / Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 4 (2 slices each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ($0.13)
- 1 clove garlic, minced ($0.08)
- 6 cups torn kale leaves ($0.50)
- 1 large pizza dough ($0.32)
- 1 tbsp olive oil ($0.13)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta ($1.13)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella ($1.25)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF. If your kale is still on the stem, pull the leaves from the stems and tear them into 2-inch pieces. Rinse the kale well in a colander.
- Place the minced garlic and olive oil in a large pot and sauté over medium heat for about one minute, or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant. Add the kale and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until it has wilted. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Stretch your pizza dough (about 12-14″) and place it on your pizza pan. In a small dish, combine the olive oil and garlic powder, then brush it onto the surface of the dough. Scatter the sautéed kale over the surface, then top with dollops of ricotta. Finally, sprinkle the shredded mozzarella over top.
- Bake the pizza for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust has browned, the cheese is melted, and the cheese has begun to brown on the edges. Slice the pizza into 8 pieces, and serve.
Serving: 1 Serving ・ Calories: 498.15 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 57.8 g ・ Protein: 21.1 g ・ Fat: 21.58 g ・ Sodium: 811.4 mg ・ Fiber: 3.33 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
How to Make Garlicky Kale and Ricotta Pizza – Step-by-Step Photos
Step 1: Start by preheating your oven for the pizza (400ºF for the type of dough I used). If your kale is still on the stem, pull the kale leaves from the stems and tear them into 2-inch pieces (you’ll want about 6 cups).
Rinse them well in a colander. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large pot along with one clove of minced garlic.
Sauté the garlic for only about a minute, or until it is soft and fragrant, but not brown.
Step 2: Add your rinsed kale to the pot. Don’t worry if it’s still quite wet, the water will steam the kale and help it wilt.
Step 3: Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the kale is wilted.
Season with a pinch of salt.
Step 4: In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
Stretch your pizza dough over your pizza pan (about 12-14 inches) and brush the garlic oil over top.
Step 5: Next, scatter the garlicky kale over the dough, then add dollops of ricotta (about 1 cup total).
Step 6: Then sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella over everything.
Step 7: Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown, the cheese is melted, and the cheese is beginning to brown on the edges.
Step 8: Slice the pizza into 8 pieces, grab a cold glass of white wine, and enjoy.
And that’s all for the garlicky kale and ricotta pizza recipe. Try to make it at home and share with us your results. Don’t forget to follow Apronese for more delicious recipes.