Roasted broccoli is a great side dish for any meal because it’s easy and insanely delicious. Just do some simple steps and you have your perfect roasted broccoli. Read this article of Apronese to learn make roasted broccoli.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
Yes, you can totally roast frozen broccoli, although it does turn out differently. Keep reading to see make roasted broccoli.
How to Get Crispy Roasted Broccoli
Oven roasted broccoli with the crispy edges is great. Here are some tips for getting the best crispy browned edges on your broccoli:
- Make sure the broccoli is well coated in oil.
- Space the broccoli out on the baking sheet. It should not be crowded.
- Avoid very large florets. The larger the florets, the longer they will take to roast, and the less
- surface area is available for browning.
- Roast directly on your sheet pan without parchment lining for even more browning.
How to Season Roasted Broccoli
You can season the broccoli before roasting. This means you can eat it every day without ever feeling like you’re eating the same thing.
Here are some of the seasonings to add to roasted broccoli:
- Steak seasoning
- Curry powder
- Seasoning salt (like Lawry’s)
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice and zest (sprinkle on after roasting)
- Simple salt and pepper
Roasted Broccoli: How to Make It
Make perfectly crispy and delicious oven roasted broccoli in just a few easy steps. This is the perfect easy side dish for any dinner.
Prep Time: 5 mins / Cook Time: 25 mins / Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 lbs broccoli ($2.98)
- 2 tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp pepper ($0.02)
Our equipment section contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate, I can earn commissions on qualifying purchases.
Serving: 1 serving ・ Calories: 138.5 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 14.95 g ・ Protein: 6.35 g ・ Fat: 7.83 g ・ Sodium: 281.9 mg ・ Fiber: 5.85 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash and chop the broccoli into bite-sized florets.
- Spread the florets out over a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper (you can skip the parchment if you want extra browning). Drizzle the olive oil over top, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the broccoli until it is fully and evenly coated in oil.
- Roast the broccoli for 20-25 minutes, or until it has achieved the level of browning you desire, stirring once after about 15 minutes of roasting. Total roasting time may vary depending on the size of your florets and the type of baking sheet used (darker surfaces brown faster).
Roasted Broccoli: How to Make It – Step-by-Step Photos
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash and chop 2 lbs. broccoli into bite-sized florets.
Step 2: Spread the florets out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment (or no parchment for extra browning).
Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over the broccoli, then add 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Toss the broccoli until it is evenly coated in oil.
Step 3: Roast the broccoli in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until it has achieved your desired level of browning, stirring once after about 15 minutes.
Roasting time will vary based on the size of the broccoli florets and the type of sheet pan used.
Step 4: Enjoy your perfect oven roasted broccoli as a side with dinner or just as a snack with some good sauce for dipping.
It’s so easy to roast broccoli to make a side dish for your meals, isn’t it? Moreover, broccoli is very good for our health. So if you’re not into this, try to cook it in different ways so that it’ll be easier for you to eat.
Don’t forget to comment your finished product for Apronese and everyone to know. If there is another more interesting recipe, please share it with everyone for reference.