Using an air fryer to make grilled cheese will allow you to enjoy the crispiest and tastiest results you’ve ever experienced (chickpeas in air fryer are also a great treat).
To make my sandwich extra tasty, I spread softened butter with parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on the outside. The molten cheese pillow is transformed into an unforgettable thunderous crunch by this one step.
Tips for Grilling Cheese in an Air Fryer
- In place of shredding cheese, you can use slices of cheese. In an air fryer, shredded cheese doesn’t stay on the bread as well as heavy slices because the air circulation is very strong.
- Spread butter all over the outside of your bread slices starting from the crusts all the way to the center. There is no other way to get full coverage than by doing so.
- The airiness of your bread will be destroyed if you press down on the sandwich when flipping it.
- The process should not be rushed. For the most deliciously melted cheese and crispy bread, cook it for five minutes on each side.
What Kind of Cheese Is Best for Grilled Cheese?
Traditionally, grilled cheese is made with a few slices of American cheese. Nevertheless, it’s up to you to decide what adventure you want to go on. It doesn’t matter what melting cheese you use, it will work just fine.
Using room temperature cheese produces the best results, as it melts more quickly and does not separate into greasy clumps.
The following are my top 5 in no particular order:
- Mild or Sharp Cheddar
I would like to point out that the extra-sharp cheddar cheddar is not included in the list. Even though extra-sharp cheddar is a delight, it is very low in water content because it has been aged. As cheese ages, it becomes drier.
What Kind of Bread Is Best for Grilled Cheese?
It is undoubtedly necessary to have sturdy slices of bread with a tight crumb (because cheese can be heavy).
Ensure that they aren’t more than half an inch thick because it will take forever for the cheese to melt. The cheese escapes through the craters of bread with an open crumb (an irregular pattern of irregularly sized holes).
The following are especially great choices:
- Country Bread
Is It Possible to Reheat Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer?
A grilled cheese is a perfect food that can be heated up in a skillet using an air fryer. By using this device, you will be able to generate warm air throughout your sandwich, allowing even the doughiest bread to be crisped up and remelted with ease.
In order to test if the cheese is ready, insert a butter knife into it and cook it for two minutes per side. You are ready to move it if the knife blade is hot to the touch when you remove it.
What Should Be Served with Grilled Cheese?
The classic tomato soup goes great with grilled cheeses air fried in an air fryer, but that’s not all that tastes great.
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Recipe
Softened butter is mixed with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese and then spread over the outside of the bread to make the crunchiest, gooiest air-fryer grilled cheese ever. There are no results like these that you can achieve using a pan.
Prep Time: 5 minutes/ Cook Time: 10 minutes/ Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 slices sourdough bread ($0.67)
- 4 slices cheese ($1.25)
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan ($0.18)
- 1 Tbsp butter, room temperature ($0.11)
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning ($0.03)
- To begin, combine the butter, grated Parmesan, and Italian seasoning in a bowl at room temperature. Once the butter mixture has been spread on one side of each piece of bread, adhere it to the edge of the bread.
- Spread butter on both the inside and outside of the cheese slices, then place them between the two slices of bread.
- Make sure the air fryer is preheated (if it doesn’t have a preheat setting, let it run for about four minutes at 400oF).
- Last but not least, place the sandwich in the basket of the air fryer. For golden brown, crispy crust and melting cheese, cook at 350°F for five minutes, flipping after five minutes. Prepare the dish and slice it.
The recipe can be made using any hearty bread if you don’t have sourdough. It may be necessary to air fry soft bread for a shorter period of time.
Serving: 1 sandwich ・ Calories: 639 kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 30 g ・ Protein: 29 g ・ Fat: 45 g ・ Sodium: 1077 mg ・ Fiber: 2 g
The nutritional values shown here are only estimates. Please see our nutrition disclaimer.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making Grilled Cheese in an Air Fryer – Step by Step Photos
Grated Parmesan, room-temperature butter, and Italian seasoning should be combined in a bowl.
Each piece of bread should be spread with butter mixture from edge to edge.
Stack the bread pieces with buttered sides facing out and place the sliced cheese between them.
Air fryers should be preheated before they are used. In the event yours does not have a preheating setting, you can let it run for about four minutes at 400oF if it does not have one. As soon as the air fryer has been preheated, place the sandwich in the basket of the air fryer.
For five minutes, place the pan in the oven at 350oF.
The sandwich should be golden brown and crispy on both sides, and the cheese should be melted through after five minutes. Flip it over, and cook for five minutes more. It’s time to slice the cake and serve it.
That’s it, you’ve finished a delicious cheese-soaked dish once it’s done. Try it once in your kitchen. With only 15 minutes to make and enjoy, don’t skip it and let us know the results.